Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mr. Elecyarmulke

My nigga Pietrus!

If you follow Elliott Wilson on Twitter (which, if you like hip-hop....you SHOULD be), then you saw the RT of Mr. Jay Electronica's twitpic of...

FUCKING INCREDIBLE.

YEA.  Apparently the album is done, as previously reported...and it's got 2 features each from Mr. Carter and Mr. West.  Fuck.  I was already hyped about this never being dropped future release, but damn.  My hype went through the roof, and my chill went out the window.  A Ronald Reagan sample?  "New Illuminati" with Kanye?  A track with Puff?  And NOT TO MENTION..."Nights of the Roundtable" (a play on words on Ms. Rothschild's Twitter handle, @KateRoundtable)  Man.  I didn't really think I could get more hyped about this shit, but FUCK.  Dude is nice, and if they IMPROVED "The Shiny Suit Theory," I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

This guy went from....

Oh word?

To this...

It's the ROC!

To this...
Jay Elect is a cold brother...

To this!
IT'S THE ROC, YOU BASTARDS!

Really, after the bullshit between him and Kate Rothschild came out, I heard a lot of mumbling about his album never seeing the light of day.  I don't believe in the Illuminati AT ALL, but fucking with a millionaire's wife can't possibly have a positive outcome, so I was also of the belief that Jay-Z might have to drop him from the label, and we wouldn't get the Jay Electronica album.  Seeing that tracklisting...I might shed a thug tear, man.  Give me a moment.

Now we just need a release date, and a single to drop...fuck, I don't think I'm ready for this album to drop.  Really, no matter how I look at it, this is going to be the first classic debut in a while...if that drops this year...this and Kendrick's debut should be great rivals to Nas' Life is Good for Hip-Hop Album of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment