Saturday, July 14, 2012

New Shit

Word.

Yo, so one of the things I've loved from other blogs is the sort of compilations that they put together.  I don't really want to put people on blast, so I won't say specifically who does it, but there are people who do the hip-hop community a great service by releasing "mixtapes" of sorts, composed of recent tracks.  I personally would not have really gotten into hip-hop at all if not for both torrents and these compilations...when I went away to college, I didn't make a great effort to listen to the radio, and really my only interaction with music was when I hit parties.  This is one of those things that helps to spread the culture to people who might otherwise be unaware.  Odd Future doesn't really play on the radio...but I was able to hear "Bastard" by Tyler, the Creator through the efforts of a specific blog that I've followed since 2006.  As a new student of the culture, I greatly appreciate what has been done by hundreds of blogs before this one and will be done by hundreds after.  All I can hope for is that this blog can help someone else become attached to hip-hop.




This is the tracklisting.  20 tracks...I felt like that was a good number.  It's mostly stuff I've already reviewed, with some things I want to review but probably won't.

Here is the link to this compilation, which I am entitling The Exstatic Tape Vol 1.  Idk how many of these I'll do, but here it is.  In the future, there will be more artist variety; lately I've been consumed with other duties, so I haven't been able to focus on this as much as I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment